
Genesis 17:1 through 28:19: Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
From a small region in the Middle East and from one man (Abraham) who was obedient; the entire world and its inhabitants are blessed. It's the power of the One True God working through the faithfulness of one believer.
In Gen 22:18, 26:4-5, and 28:14-15; God promises and affirms a covenant between Himself and Abraham (and his descendants). "through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."
It's the same promise He makes to each father and each mother; your faithfulness will bless your family.
It's the same promise He makes to each believer; your faithfulness will bless the body of Christ.
It's the same promise He makes each church; your faithfulness will bless the community, the nation, and the world.
There is power in one person's faith because of the promise of God. "I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." (Gen 28:15b)
External Link: A map of the travels of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob http://www.biblestudy.org/maps/abrajrfl.html
No comments:
Post a Comment