Ex 1:1 - 15:18

In the first half of Exodus, God continues to reveal Himself and His plan of redemption.
Specifically, the name God wants to be remembered by from generation to generation. In Hebrew it is " אהיה " which is pronounced "Ehyeh." and means "to exist." Our translation in the Bible is "I am" or "I will be." To avoid its pronunciation, the Hebrew text used the form "YHWH" which evolved in our bible as "YaHWeH" or "JeHoWaH."
More importantly, the name of God represents who He is, the answer to our greatest need. This is symbolized in the Passover deliverance of Israel from bondage in Egypt. This picture represents God's deliverance of mankind from its bondage to sin, death, and Satan. It also shows God's continued guidance after our rescue until His chosen people arrive into the promised land.
However, there is a condition to the story. In Ex 8:23 God announces to Pharoah through Moses that, "I will make a distinction between my people and your people" and later in 12:13 "The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you." If the blood of a lamb covers the doorposts of the home, then the destroyer was not permitted to enter the house.
While we may not totally understand God's plan of redemption, we do know its requirements. He still makes distinctions between His people and those of the prince of this world. That distinction is found in the blood of Jesus Christ.
John 1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
John 14:6 "Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me."
How amazing is the "I AM" who never changes, who provides the Lamb, and accepts those that have applied it to their lives as His people.
External Link: Pictures and article on Goshen, Succoth, and the possible location of the Red Sea (Sea of Reeds) http://www.totheends.com/crossing.html
2 comments:
The original post was slightly modified. A verse was added and the last few sentences were changed.
This is so cool!!! I can't tell you how excited I am that Southern Hills is doing this. The Word of God radically transforms lives. It is living, active and powerful.
Can I join in and do it with you?
Post a Comment