Job 8:1 - Job 24:25
(Excerpt from Job 5 & 7)

Job 5: 17-18 "Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal."
This part of Job is extremely personal. I will admit my parents had to correct and discipline me quite a bit as a child and as a young adult. The Word of God continually explains that correction "drives folly from a child", "imparts wisdom", but most importantly "shows love." I wouldn't have admitted it at the time, but I am extremely thankful that my parents chose to discipline me. Their love shown through their corrections sowed the seeds of a God honoring life. Other people God has chosen may have come in my life, watered the field, and picked out weeds. But my parents prepared the field, and for that I am eternally grateful. One of the reasons why I can say that my parents loved me, is because of their discipline.
If we are willing to take correction from our parents and give correction to our children, Why are we so unwilling to be disciplined by God?
Like Job said, "Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble!" We are the clay in the potter's hands, shall we not accept His guidance to bring us into perfection? His love is perfect, shall we not trust it.
Job was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil. So why does God correct him? It's because the Lord loves Job so much, He doesn't want to leave him short of perfection.
Job 7: 17-19 " What is man that you make so much of him, that you give him so much attention, that you examine him every morning and test him every moment? Will you never look away from me, or let me alone even for an instant?"
Praise God, that He doesn't leave me alone for even an instant, that the Lord doesn't look away from me, that Jehovah examines my life, that He gives me attention.
The Lord wants all of His children to reach their full maturity. One of the ways He does that is through correction and discipline.
Because His correction is the reason I can say without any doubt that He loves me and that I am one of His children.
For that lesson, I want to say
Thanks Mom and Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment